Veneers involve a technique used to enhance the shape, colour, texture and size of
teeth, making them more attractive. Before application, the actual reduction of the
tooth is minimal and the drilling session is completed in a single visit. There are no
disadvantages to veneers other than if they are not well considered, of an inferior
quality or badly fitted. If the procedure is carried out by a qualified and experienced
cosmetic dentist they do not break, fall off or ruin the natural look of your smile.
Rest assured, at Sansaya we provide not only a wide range of natural and white colours
to choose from but also the foremost in industry expertise. Veneers can be made from
either composite resin or porcelain:
COMPOSITE RESIN VENEERS
To create composite resin veneers, composite substance is applied to the front area of
the teeth and sculpted to the desired shape and finished. In comparison to porcelain
veneers, composite resin veneers can stain more easily and are not as long lasting.
All those beautiful perfect smiles that we constantly admire in the media are often the
result of the proper use of porcelain veneers. They are thin porcelain ‘shells’ that are
bonded over the front surfaces of the teeth.
Veneers are used to:
- Repair cracks and minor chips in the teeth
- Cover stained, discoloured or pitted teeth
- Mask old fillings which are stained and darkened
- Close spaces between front teeth
- Correct mildly crooked teeth
- Improve length or width of front teeth
- Reduce the size of large teeth
- Provide a permanent white colour to front teeth
- Cover sensitive teeth
The advantages of veneers:
- Unlike crowns, veneers require much less enamel to be removed, thereby making the
procedure more comfortable.
- Veneers can look extremely beautiful, natural and transparent as long as the highest
standard of professional experience and quality of products are applied.
- Veneers can be achieved in two visits within a period of 7 to 10 days.
- Veneers are bonded, not cemented, to the enamel of the tooth to become one solid
body, thereby making it difficult to break or fall off. Veneers are able to chew and
cut solid food.
- Veneers are extremely stain resistant and you can expect many years of service
without any discolouration or changes in the appearance of your smile.
- Veneers are very strong and are resistant to fractures as long as the bite and other
functional conditions are taken care of by the dentist.