Paediatric dentistry promotes preventative and corrective dental care and oral health for infants, young children and adolescents. It is advisable to introduce your children to their dentist at an early age and to arrange routine visits in order to preserve your child’s healthy smile.
Paediatric dentistry is very important because children are more prone to tooth decay and other oral diseases due to poor dental hygiene habits and the more regular consumption of foods with high sugar content such as fast food and sweets. In relation to this, the paediatric dentistry department at Sansaya is highly qualified to:
- Promote proper oral hygiene
- Teach the importance of maintaining good oral hygiene
- Teach correct brushing, flossing, and mouthwash rinsing techniques
- Introduce your child to the best oral care products
- Advise your child on the types of food he/she might need to avoid
Sansaya recommends the following procedures for all children:
- Dental cleaning and oral hygiene screening every six months.
- Concentrated clinic application of fluoride to maintain strong enamel structure and avoid caries.
- Application of sealants on top surfaces of permanent posterior teeth to seal their grooves and fissures from accumulating food and germs. It is also very important to have a yearly follow up in order to check that there is no bacteria underneath the sealants; sometimes parents cannot see this until it is too late.
- Between the ages of 8 and 13, an orthodontic screening is highly recommended. Some early preventive orthodontic treatment can avoid future major dental and jaw malformations.