PORCELAIN FILLINGS (INLAYS/ONLAYS)
Inlays or onlays are porcelain fillings which are custom made in the laboratory to fit perfectly inside big cavities caused by tooth decay or cracked teeth. Porcelain fillings are more costly than traditional composite fillings, however they provide greater value for money in the long term, lasting longer and avoiding the requirement for repeated tooth preparation.
The advantages of porcelain fillings:
- Unlike traditional composite fillings, porcelain fillings last for many years (between 15 and 20 years).
- The colour of porcelain inlays can be matched precisely to the colour of your own teeth, or as required.
- Once bonded to the tooth it looks, porcelain fillings look completely natural, as if the tooth has never been touched before.
- Porcelain fillings are very strong and durable. The fact that they are bonded with the tooth means that they are difficult to break and prevent any further tooth decay from occurring.
- Porcelain fillings do not shrink over time like the traditional composite fillings.
- Aesthetically they are far superior.