Veneers involve a technique used to enhance the shape, colour, texture and size of teeth, making them more attractive. Before application, the actual reduction of the tooth is minimal and the drilling session is completed in a single visit. There are no disadvantages to veneers other than if they are not well considered, of an inferior quality or badly fitted. If the procedure is carried out by a qualified and experienced cosmetic dentist they do not break, fall off or ruin the natural look of your smile. Rest assured, at Sansaya we provide not only a wide range of natural and white colours to choose from but also the foremost in industry expertise. A dental veneer can be made from either composite resin or porcelain:
COMPOSITE RESIN VENEERS
To create composite resin veneers, composite substance is applied to the front area of the teeth and sculpted to the desired shape and finished. In comparison to porcelain veneers, composite resin veneers can stain more easily and are not as long lasting.
All those beautiful perfect smiles that we constantly admire in the media are often the result of the proper use of porcelain veneers. They are thin porcelain ‘shells’ that are bonded over the front surfaces of the teeth.
- Repair cracks and minor chips in the teeth
- Cover stained, discoloured or pitted teeth
- Mask old fillings which are stained and darkened
- Close spaces between front teeth
- Correct mildly crooked teeth
- Improve length or width of front teeth
- Reduce the size of large teeth
- Provide a permanent white colour to front teeth
- Cover sensitive teeth
- Unlike a dental crown, a veneer requires much less enamel to be removed, thereby making the procedure more comfortable.
- Veneers can look extremely beautiful, natural and transparent as long as the highest standard of professional experience and quality of products are applied.
- Veneers can be achieved in two visits within a period of 7 to 10 days.
- A veneer is bonded, not cemented, to the enamel of the tooth to become one solid body, thereby making it difficult to break or fall off. It is able to chew and cut solid food.
- Veneer is extremely stain resistant and you can expect many years of service without any discolouration or changes in the appearance of your smile.
- Best quality veneers are very strong and are resistant to fractures as long as the bite and other functional conditions are taken care of by the dentist.